Cummings Lumber Co is currently seeking Laborers for our Barefoot Brand Hardwood Flooring Division. The Laborer will perform all tasks assigned including stacking, banding, marking & grading.
Essential Duties, Responsibilities, and Requirements:
- Stacking: Picking up various widths of flooring from table/belt. Check each piece for defects. Assemble into bundles per specifications. Push bundle onto rollers.
- Banding: Band-finished bundles of flooring per instructions. Palletized into finished packs of flooring. Stack or pile finished bundles.
- Marking: Mark flooring boards at the desired place for the automated chop saws to maximize yields.
- Grading: Grade and/or mark flooring boards/blanks and designate proper finish grade.
- Maintain an acceptable pace so team members do not fall behind.
- Perform housekeeping functions during production downtime.
- Maintain safe work areas and identify hazards.
- Wear proper PPE including steel or composite toed shoes, eye protection, ear protection, and gloves at all times.
- Communicate with Supervisor to correct problems.
- Perform other duties as outlined by Supervisor with a willingness to accept changes in job tasks.
- Cooperate and work effectively with others for the benefit of the team.
- Attendance: Be at work at start-up time every scheduled day.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily.
- The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Knowledge/Training: Knowledge of wood sizes, species, and different grades. Minor training.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide into all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Physical Demand: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel dried wood product; reach with hands and arms; twist, turn, climb or balance; lift and/or move up to 25 pounds; often with repetitive motion.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will frequently handle the dried wood products. The employee will be exposed to dusty conditions with airborne particles; varying temperatures; and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Cummings Lumber Company produces quality hardwoods and hardwood flooring and offers regular work hours, a competitive starting wage and benefit package including health, vision, life, 401(k) and vacation to eligible employees. Cummings Lumber Company is an equal opportunity employer. Pre-employment drug testing required.
Qualified applicants may email their resume to email@example.com or print and complete an application at cummingslumber.com/clcapplication.pdf and mail it to 21756 Route 14, Troy PA, 16947. Or fill it out online by clicking on this link -
Application for Employment
Go Back to the Employment Page
Cummings Lumber Company Inc.
Shipping quality hardwoods since 1929.
P.O. Box 6
21756 Route 14